End Childhood Hunger/End Child Hunger advocates for greater access to existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and more nutrition education. We utilize social media to support public and private like-minded organizations, educate, promote awareness, fight for change and for an end to childhood hunger.
Donate to ECH
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
July 2016 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
View Posts by Category
- RT @mikewhitmore: So I guess they aren't a fan ... #PokemonGO i.imgur.com/XUeL176.jpg https://t.co/GPGikD2Fte 1 week ago
- Today is #PrimeDay! #StartWithaSmile and @Amazon donates to End Childhood Hunger Inc. Go to smile.amazon.com/gp/charity/hom… 1 week ago
- Join ECH & over 1500 orgs opposing school meal block grant. Sign the statement today! bit.ly/1XPG0OT #SaveSchoolMeals #CNR2016 1 month ago
- RT @FloridaImpact: Join us & over 1500 orgs opposing school meal block grant. Sign the statement today! bit.ly/1XPG0OT #SaveSchool… 1 month ago
- We join @fractweets @CSPI @pewtrusts and hundreds of other orgs opposing House #CNR2016 bill- join us! bit.ly/243KAOC 2 months ago
- RT @FloridaImpact: Love seeing kids eating #schoolbreakfast in cool & innovative ways here in Florida! twitter.com/Julie_Kreafle/… 2 months ago
- Please don’t sell diabetes & obesity to your young fans, @SelenaGomez, via #ShareaCoke. #ShareHonesty instead. bit.ly/HappinessStand 2 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: Advocacy
Disturbing in so many ways. Childhood hunger worldwide on “World Food Day” infographic – thanks to save1.com .
Citing recent findings by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Philanthropy News Digest reports that nearly eight million children in America live in areas of high poverty — about 1.6 million more since 2000. Based in part on data from the U.S. Census … Continue reading
The number of students receiving free or reduced-price school lunches rose to 21 million last school year, up from 18 million in 2006-07. That number represents a 17 percent increase, according to an analysis by The New York Times of … Continue reading
Another amazing infographic, this time provided by the good folks at Fast Company, and reported by Morgan Clendadinel. One in seven people in the world is malnourished. But the research presented here makes a strong case that the solution isn’t … Continue reading
Major props to the Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger for tweeting about it, and the amazing folks at Good for producing this “Empty Pantry” infographic that lays out in chilling detail the scary truth about the concept of “food insecurity.” … Continue reading
This comes to us via a great post on Google+ by Valeria Maltoni. It’s a world hunger overview infographic, just produced by the World Food Programme. Informative, and sobering. The link to the full-size map is here.
This just in, and finally there’s a bit of good news on the child nutrition front: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – June 23, 2011 Tallahassee, FL – Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam issued the following statement today in response to Governor Rick Scott … Continue reading