End Childhood Hunger advocates for greater utilization of existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and expanded nutrition education. We provide technical guidance, support and assistance to implement and expand these programs among stakeholders at the local, regional and state levels.
Donate to ECH
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
January 2017 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
View Posts by Category
- RT @prpnews: tinyurl.com/z5hzszv Commissioner Adam Putnam Provides Tips for Safe Christmas Tree Disposal 1 week ago
- Back into battle in 2017! twitter.com/CSPI/status/81… 2 weeks ago
- RT @fractweets: Does your local school qualify for #communityeligibility? #ThursdayThoughts bit.ly/28WLW5U https://t.co/Ehic8E3Xg4 2 weeks ago
- RT @NYCHRA: MT @HungerFreeUSA: Need help with food this month? Our @USDANutrition National #HungerHotline helps connect you https://t.co/ZJ… 1 month ago
- RT @fractweets: “Policies like food stamps or housing assistance may help improve the situation, the report says.” #SNAPMatters https://t.c… 1 month ago
- RT @EcheTreasures: #SecretSanta Foots #Lunch Bill For Dozens of Elementary #School Students sni.ps/PM0 1 month ago
- Shot & Support us on Black Friday & Cyber Monday. #StartWithaSmile and smile.amazon.com/ch/20-2049660 and Amazon donates to End Childhood Hunger. 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: Reauthorization
As reported by the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC), the proposed 2012 budget released by President Barack Obama on Febuary 14th, 2011, provides strong support for the federal nutrition programs and the anticipated growth in those programs – especially … Continue reading →
As reported by the Food Research and Action Center, President Obama signed into law the new Child Nutrition Reauthorization law on December 14th. Titled The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, it broadens the Afterschool Meal Program to cover all 50 states … Continue reading →
Share our Strength founder Bill Shore and national “No Kid Hungry” spokesman Jeff Bridges this past weekend co-authored an Op-Ed in the Washington Post that describes why the time is now to end childhood hunger in America. It’s worth repeating … Continue reading →
via Florida Impact on Twitter: All Children deserve access to nutritious food! Pass H.R. 5504. NO cuts to SNAP. Sign the Florida Paper Plate Campaign. http://ht.ly/2LWZS
Call your House Member and the White House during the summer recess to urge passage of H.R. 5504 without SNAP benefit cuts. Call toll-free, 1-877-425-4810, to connect to your Representative. The number at the White House switchboard is 202-456-1414.
The Food Resource and Action Center has compiled a list of resources to help individuals and organizations to continue push for passage of the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act without reducing future SNAP benefits. Here’s the link to download their PDF: … Continue reading →
Inspiring and insightful conference call this week with Bill Shore, founder of Share Our Strength, who spoke and took questions from around one hundred other hunger advocates. Updates on the organization’s national “No Kid Hungry” campaign, and a overview of … Continue reading →