Activist and amazing hunger fighter Tim Blair is convinced that his “Twitter for Food” project can do just that. The goal of twitterforfood.com is to get people on Twitter (there are over 100 million now worldwide) to stop once a month (actually, the first Tuesday of every month), and think about the people that are hungry around them. He believes that if we could get just a small percentage of this 100 million to give $5 a month, the difference that it would make would be incredible. It bears repeating: 100 million twitterers could end hunger! So skip a meal, tweet about it, include #twitterforfood in the message, and then use the $’s you saved on that meal to fund your local food bank. More info here. And to read the complete press release on Tim and his efforts, follow this link.
End Childhood Hunger advocates for greater utilization of existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and expanded nutrition education. We provide technical guidance, support and assistance to implement and expand these programs among stakeholders at the local, regional and state levels.
Donate to ECH
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
View Posts by Category
- Today only @amazonsmile is donating 5% of purchases! Please support End Childhood Hunger! ht.ly/T7D6309YtZz 1 week ago
- RT @SIFund: #DYK through our public-private partnerships (PPPs), we’ve invested $1B in social innovation? go.usa.gov/x9e22 #SIFundWo… 1 week ago
- RT @chfund: Our budget reflects our values. Join the tweetstorm on Thurs 3/16 to show that America values kids. #InvestInKids 1 week ago
- RT @PitbullofComedy: My first weekend @OntarioImprov in over 5 years & a quick set tonite @TheComedyStore in Hollywood for 1st time in over… 1 week ago
- RT @fractweets: "With everyone enjoying a free breakfast, students are well-fed and are more focused and ready to learn." https://t.co/EMai… 1 week ago
- RT @USDANutrition: Consistent access to nutritious foods helps promote an overall healthy lifestyle! ow.ly/sp4k309RleL #NationalNutr… 1 week ago
- RT @EndChildHunger: Shop and support us! 2day, Amazon donates 10 times usual donation on your purchases to End Childhood Hunger! https://t… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.