End Childhood Hunger/End Child Hunger advocates for greater access to existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and more nutrition education. We utilize social media to support public and private like-minded organizations, educate, promote awareness, fight for change and for an end to childhood hunger.
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
View Posts by Category
- Who needs to break for dinner? We've got to much work to do! #nokidhungry (@ End Childhood Hunger) 4sq.com/1g7gE9J 1 day ago
- Prioritizing children's issues to address in meetings with FL legislators in this session. (@ End Childhood Hunger) 4sq.com/1gYMUK1 1 day ago
- RT @FeedingAmerica: Food banks are last resort for many who now have smaller food budgets due to SNAP cuts. huff.to/1ia8A6S 3 days ago
- Getting ready for Congressional call-ins tomorrow coordinated by @floridaimpact & @fractweets 4sq.com/1fCMJBr 5 days ago
- RT @sudduthc: Time to inform dedicated U.S. Representatives about child nutr programs for reauthorization @FloridaImpact @fractweets... 5 days ago
- Working on plans for a week-long social media blitz when the FL legislature is in session next month. 4sq.com/1pQUwVa 6 days ago
- Data mining the latest FRAC reports - USDA new rules will increase $ for fruits & vegetables for WIC participants! 4sq.com/1eNq8Cg 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: Reauthorization
As reported by the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC), the proposed 2012 budget released by President Barack Obama on Febuary 14th, 2011, provides strong support for the federal nutrition programs and the anticipated growth in those programs – especially … Continue reading →
As reported by the Food Research and Action Center, President Obama signed into law the new Child Nutrition Reauthorization law on December 14th. Titled The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, it broadens the Afterschool Meal Program to cover all 50 states … Continue reading →
Share our Strength founder Bill Shore and national “No Kid Hungry” spokesman Jeff Bridges this past weekend co-authored an Op-Ed in the Washington Post that describes why the time is now to end childhood hunger in America. It’s worth repeating … Continue reading →
via Florida Impact on Twitter: All Children deserve access to nutritious food! Pass H.R. 5504. NO cuts to SNAP. Sign the Florida Paper Plate Campaign. http://ht.ly/2LWZS
Call your House Member and the White House during the summer recess to urge passage of H.R. 5504 without SNAP benefit cuts. Call toll-free, 1-877-425-4810, to connect to your Representative. The number at the White House switchboard is 202-456-1414.
The Food Resource and Action Center has compiled a list of resources to help individuals and organizations to continue push for passage of the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act without reducing future SNAP benefits. Here’s the link to download their PDF: … Continue reading →
Inspiring and insightful conference call this week with Bill Shore, founder of Share Our Strength, who spoke and took questions from around one hundred other hunger advocates. Updates on the organization’s national “No Kid Hungry” campaign, and a overview of … Continue reading →