End Childhood Hunger/End Child Hunger advocates for greater access to existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and more nutrition education. We utilize social media to support public and private like-minded organizations, educate, promote awareness, fight for change and for an end to childhood hunger.
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
View Posts by Category
- RT @FeedingAmerica: Food banks are last resort for many who now have smaller food budgets due to SNAP cuts. huff.to/1ia8A6S 1 day ago
- Getting ready for Congressional call-ins tomorrow coordinated by @floridaimpact & @fractweets 4sq.com/1fCMJBr 3 days ago
- RT @sudduthc: Time to inform dedicated U.S. Representatives about child nutr programs for reauthorization @FloridaImpact @fractweets... 3 days ago
- Working on plans for a week-long social media blitz when the FL legislature is in session next month. 4sq.com/1pQUwVa 4 days ago
- Data mining the latest FRAC reports - USDA new rules will increase $ for fruits & vegetables for WIC participants! 4sq.com/1eNq8Cg 5 days ago
- Working late. Hunger doesn't take a day off. (@ End Childhood Hunger) 4sq.com/1eIMEMq 6 days ago
- The new End Childhood Hunger glow-in-the-dark wristbands are due for delivery today! Yippee! (@ End Childhood Hunger) 4sq.com/1kpIQot 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: No Kid Hungry
Another clear example of the benefits of promoting school breakfast: This report is courtesy of the Manteca Bulletin, in California. The full article can be found here. When Shasta Elementary School in California began serving breakfast in the classroom, first … Continue reading
Disturbing in so many ways. Childhood hunger worldwide on “World Food Day” infographic – thanks to save1.com .
Major props to the Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger for tweeting about it, and the amazing folks at Good for producing this “Empty Pantry” infographic that lays out in chilling detail the scary truth about the concept of “food insecurity.” … Continue reading
Nearly one in five Americans struggled to afford enough food for themselves and their families in 2010, according to a new report released yesterday by the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC). The report analyzes data that was collected by … Continue reading
It’s a busy day on the child nutrition front. The Food Research and Action Center has released its annual School Breakfast Scorecard and Urban School Breakfast Report. How many low-income kids in Florida are getting school breakfast? Not enough. You … Continue reading