End Childhood Hunger/End Child Hunger advocates for greater access to existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and more nutrition education. We utilize social media to support public and private like-minded organizations, educate, promote awareness, fight for change and for an end to childhood hunger.
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
View Posts by Category
- Meeting with the Board of South Florida Hunger Coalition. (@ Broward Meals On Wheels) 4sq.com/1nLjWBG 6 hours ago
- Who needs to break for dinner? We've got to much work to do! #nokidhungry (@ End Childhood Hunger) 4sq.com/1g7gE9J 4 days ago
- Prioritizing children's issues to address in meetings with FL legislators in this session. (@ End Childhood Hunger) 4sq.com/1gYMUK1 4 days ago
- RT @FeedingAmerica: Food banks are last resort for many who now have smaller food budgets due to SNAP cuts. huff.to/1ia8A6S 6 days ago
- Getting ready for Congressional call-ins tomorrow coordinated by @floridaimpact & @fractweets 4sq.com/1fCMJBr 1 week ago
- RT @sudduthc: Time to inform dedicated U.S. Representatives about child nutr programs for reauthorization @FloridaImpact @fractweets... 1 week ago
- Working on plans for a week-long social media blitz when the FL legislature is in session next month. 4sq.com/1pQUwVa 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: Food For All
Another clear example of the benefits of promoting school breakfast: This report is courtesy of the Manteca Bulletin, in California. The full article can be found here. When Shasta Elementary School in California began serving breakfast in the classroom, first … Continue reading
Disturbing in so many ways. Childhood hunger worldwide on “World Food Day” infographic – thanks to save1.com .
Another amazing infographic, this time provided by the good folks at Fast Company, and reported by Morgan Clendadinel. One in seven people in the world is malnourished. But the research presented here makes a strong case that the solution isn’t … Continue reading
Major props to the Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger for tweeting about it, and the amazing folks at Good for producing this “Empty Pantry” infographic that lays out in chilling detail the scary truth about the concept of “food insecurity.” … Continue reading
On March 16, Goya Foods donated 1,000,000 pounds of Goya food products to emergency food providers in communities across the country. Goya joins an ever-increasing cadre of food-related companies embracing a higher sense of social responsibility by giving back to the communities … Continue reading
In an attempt to take hunger advocacy to a whole new level, Feeding America is introducing a “Hunger Relief Advocacy Moderator” to provide national support to those on the front lines in the fight against hunger. As the Feeding America … Continue reading
FRAC (Food Resource And Action Center) President Jim Weill, who wrote the foreword to USA Today’s Hunger in America supplement, shared in it a laundry list of troubling facts. Here’s just two – In 2008, 49 million people lived in households facing food-insecurity (according to USDA), and … Continue reading
Representatives from 18 Countries Call for Global Support of School Feeding Programs http://www.gcnf.org/news/representatives-from-18-countries-call-for-global-support-of-school-feeding-programs/Shared via Pulse Sent from my iPad