Activist and amazing hunger fighter Tim Blair is convinced that his “Twitter for Food” project can do just that. The goal of twitterforfood.com is to get people on Twitter (there are over 100 million now worldwide) to stop once a month (actually, the first Tuesday of every month), and think about the people that are hungry around them. He believes that if we could get just a small percentage of this 100 million to give $5 a month, the difference that it would make would be incredible. It bears repeating: 100 million twitterers could end hunger! So skip a meal, tweet about it, include #twitterforfood in the message, and then use the $’s you saved on that meal to fund your local food bank. More info here. And to read the complete press release on Tim and his efforts, follow this link.
End Childhood Hunger/End Child Hunger advocates for greater access to existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and more nutrition education. We utilize social media to support public and private like-minded organizations, educate, promote awareness, fight for change and for an end to childhood hunger.
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
View Posts by Category
- Help @EndChildHunger spread the message, donate your tweet and make a difference! mo.nu/r/EndChildHung… [powered by @justcozapp] 1 month ago
- Want to do something good? We need you! Volunteer for @EndChildHunger online at mo.nu/r/EndChildHung… [powered by @justcozapp] 1 month ago
- Can you help? We need more volunteers, join @EndChildHunger at mo.nu/r/EndChildHung… and make a difference [powered by @justcozapp] 1 month ago
- Love Julie Weil, MD, words: "If you torture the data long enough, it will tell you what you want to hear." @mosaicflorida, #hungerforum15. 4 months ago
- RT @MosaicInFlorida: Thanks to @ThePeoplesCook @RobertFKarimi for bringing the "deliciousness" to #HungerForum15! http://t.co/JX42AiOXXs 4 months ago
- RT @toendhunger: Adam Putman FL Ag Com reminds us hunger problem is NOT a supply issue in USA @MosaicInFlorida #hungerforum15 4 months ago
- 1 in 4 FL kids food insecure, while the U.S. throws out as much food as it consumes. @adamputnam #hungerforum15 4 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.