Activist and amazing hunger fighter Tim Blair is convinced that his “Twitter for Food” project can do just that. The goal of twitterforfood.com is to get people on Twitter (there are over 100 million now worldwide) to stop once a month (actually, the first Tuesday of every month), and think about the people that are hungry around them. He believes that if we could get just a small percentage of this 100 million to give $5 a month, the difference that it would make would be incredible. It bears repeating: 100 million twitterers could end hunger! So skip a meal, tweet about it, include #twitterforfood in the message, and then use the $’s you saved on that meal to fund your local food bank. More info here. And to read the complete press release on Tim and his efforts, follow this link.
End Childhood Hunger/End Child Hunger advocates for greater access to existing federal programs such as school breakfast, school lunch, after-school snacks, after-school dinners, summer meals, and more nutrition education. We utilize social media to support public and private like-minded organizations, educate, promote awareness, fight for change and for an end to childhood hunger.
- Administrative Advocacy Afterschool Charities Chefs Children Community Congress Donate Food Food Bank Food For All FRAC Global Health Hunger Legislative Media No Kid Hungry Nutrition Poverty Reauthorization Research School Share Our Strength SNAP South Florida The Real World Twitter Twitter For Food
View Posts By Date
View Posts by Category
- Surveying NPO's about holiday needs. (@ End Childhood Hunger) 4sq.com/1f4YsuI 2 days ago
- RT @nokidhungry: Thank you, @FloridaImpact for all you do to help make #NoKidHungry a reality in FL! 2 weeks ago
- RT @nokidhungry: Thank you, @FDACSnews for all you do to help make #NoKidHungry a reality in FL! 2 weeks ago
- RT @HispanicUnity: Good Things Happening at HUF - Check it Out! #hispanicunity conta.cc/193mwdb 2 weeks ago
- RT @FeedingAmerica: 1 in 6 face #hunger. 5 in 6 can help!. #donate #volunteer #spreadtheword! bit.ly/FADonate 2 months ago
- RT @FeedingAmerica: Did you know? @FeedingAmerica is a network of 200+ food banks. Join the fight against #hunger TODAY! http://t.co/8W8ih3… 2 months ago
- RT @FoodDay2013: Add your voice to support eating real! Join our October 24 #FoodDay2013 #ThunderClap on Twitter: thndr.it/19q8OAb 2 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.